Friday 19 July 2013

Book Blogger Hop: July 19th - 25th


The Book Blogger Hop is hosted over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.  Cool beans, count me in. 

Here is this week's question: What is your favorite classic novel?


This is a difficult question because I adore so many classics but if I had to just choose one, it would have to be To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf. There are days when I actually think it may just be my favorite novel of all time. I wrote a short review of it here but would like to reiterate that it still stands as the most beautifully written, emotionally powerful and sublime literary work that I have ever read.

 



10 comments:

  1. I haven't read this particular title by Woolf but I have enjoyed some of her other works when I read them in college. Great choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't ever read Virginia Woolf, but I'm glad you like it!
    Happy Friday!
    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Virginia Woolf, but haven't read this book.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just added this to my TBR pile! I've heard great things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jason!

    Oh, Virginia Woolf!! I'm ashamed to say that I have yet to read her novels.... But now that you've mentioned this one, I'll make sure to read it!!

    I've been thinking that I should actually be reading more classics. Also, I should try to re-read some of my faves that I read years ago. I want to start with "Jane Eyre", of course, since it's my favorite novel, as you know. But there are others I also want to read again. As for "To The Lighthouse", I'll definitely make a point of getting to it. I LOVE your assessment of it: "...it still stands as the most beautifully written, emotionally powerful and sublime literary work that I have ever read." WOW. Very well put!! And also, I ADORE that cover!! So I'll try to get this particular edition, as well.

    Last but not least, thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my BBH post!!

    I'm now following you with GFC and Bloglovin'!!

    Happy Hopping to you, too!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read anything by Virginia Wolfe before but you do make this book sound like a lovely read.
    Here's my answer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Virginia Woolf is always a great choice. I haven't yet read To the Lighthouse, but love Mrs. Dalloway to pieces. In fact, I've just reread it.

    I think I'll be visiting your blog often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read that one but after reading your review I'm dying to!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Kimberly @ Once Upon a YA Book

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never read her work but I've heard great things about her.

    New GFC Follower

    Check out my answer here http://ashleynemer.blogspot.com/2013/07/book-blogger-take-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for visiting my blog and I am glad many of you are now interested in reading To the Lighthouse! This blog hop has been a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete