Monday 29 July 2013

It's Monday! What are you Reading?


Thanks again Sheila from Book Journey for hosting this weekly meme! This is a great way to share what you are reading at the moment with other book bloggers, help plan your reading week and perhaps even get recommendations. 

Right now, I am completely immersed in this novel:


I still can't believe it took me so long to finally get around to reading this Russian classic. Perhaps it has something to do with the wonderful translation by Peaver/Volokhonsky because I did attempt to read the Constance Garnett version years ago only to abandon it because something about the prose didn't seem to work for me. This is like an entirely different novel. Even though I am only a 1/4 through, it is safe to claim that it is a masterful and I can already anticipate that it will become one of my favorites.


What is everyone else reading?

2 comments:

  1. The classics seem to slip by somehow.

    ENJOY!!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are enjoying Crime and Punishment. It's on my to-be-read list (along with hundreds of other classics!).

    ReplyDelete